Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fine Gold Park‏

May 12, 2014
Dear Family, 

Hey guys!! It was so great to talk to you yesterday! Haha. A fun little family night, with a little bitty Karalee sitting on the dinner table...yeah. A little eccentric, but I liked it! Hahaha. That was fun. I love you alll :) And I'm so excited for Devin....it's ridiculous! Watch out, world!

So, a quick summary of my life right now--there was another special little transfer last Tuesday. So last Monday afternoon, the Zone Leaders called and told me I'd be transferred. Surprise! Bigger surprise--I was being transferred back to the interior (the half of the mission that's farther out from the big city. Basically, they're completely isolated sides...) to Sorocaba, The Parque Ouro Fino Ward. (that's fine gold park in english, so kind of funny) What does this truly mean? That I was going back to the Interior one week before all the missionaries from the capital would go to the temple. So...no temple. Psych! Pois é. :)

Sorocaba is ridiculously cool. It's the third largest city in the state of São Paulo. I believe that the first ward started about 50 years ago, and now they have 4 stakes!!! The church grew so quickly!! The goal is to have the ¨5th stake¨. Also, I'm serving in Zona Trujilo....which for some reason, I've always wanted to do. So that's kind of fun! Our area is very pretty. Much flatter than Santana, and also much smaller. So we walk everywhere again (woohoo!) and it's working out great. It's a very clean and organized city. Of all the places I've been to in Brazil so far, this is where I would most want to live. 

As you saw, my companion is Sister Vaughn. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! 
Basically, I can die happy now. :)

We were together in the MTC, and I learned so much from her. And now she's my companion! Best thing ever!! We're living it up. Sorry for not explaining the situation better yesterday, but one of the members whose house we were at speaks fluent english, and I felt weird explaining it in front of him. But yes, we are the Sister training leaders over this region (so about 8 sets of sisters), but we aren't doing exchanges with them yet. This area needs a little...pick me up, so President wants us to focus our efforts here and not have to worry about leaving multiple times a week. So everything we do with the Sisters for now is just over the phone. But it's great, and I couldn't be happier!  

Sister Vaughn and I share a lot of the same goals and desires as missionaries, so I really feel like this will be a good time for personal and spiritual progression. I've had the best companionship studies I've ever had on the mission all in this last week, and I'm so, soooo excited to try out all of these new ideas we're thinking of together!

Well...that's kind of it. Except a little Santana update--my little Andressa was baptized! I can't remember what I've told you about her, but she's the cousin of members, and just the sweetest little 12 year old girl you've ever met. I'm soooo ridiculously happy for her! Also, Magali is getting baptized on the 17th.  Woohoo!!!

Hope you all have a great week! Challenge for the day...do something out of your comfort zone to share the gospel! You guys are the best!!!!!

Sister Fuller





         

No comments:

Post a Comment