Monday, February 3, 2014

My brother's going on a mission!!!!!!

Family, 

Aaaaaaah!!!! I'm SOOO ridiculously excited! I don't think I even thought about Russia...but soo, so perfect, right? Ah!!!! My little Russian brother...haha Ster, make sure you guys do that one dance on Just Dance. Ra Ra...something. I don't know, Babylon thoughts, I don't remember that stuff.

So, yes. World: Devin Fuller has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!! He's been called to serve in the Russia St. Petersburg mission!!!!!! Russia's going to catch on fire. :) 

Dev, I'm so ridiculously happy for you. So, ridiculously happy for your decision, and knowing what effect it'll have in the lives of so many! I love you bunches and bunches!! 

So, my life isn't as exciting as all of this...but I'll try to give you a quick update! :) 

Transfers were this week! I'm staying in Mont Serrat, and everyone else left. haha. But it's SO GOOD!!!! My new companion is Sister Cristoffersen, from Williamsburg Virginia. I'm "training" an american! No, I'm not really training her, because she knows everything and is incredible. :) She was waiting 7 months for her visa in the Orgeon Eugene mission and now she's here with me!!!!! She was in the same MTC district as Elder Larson! I'm sooo excited to serve with her this transfer. She has such a natural ability to teach and talk with people, and I know I'm going to learn a lot from her! (Interesting tidbit---I'm seeing that I really am starting to forget english, because sometimes I can't remember the words to translate for Sister Cristoffersen! CRAZY)

Guess what else! Both of the Sisters from the Salto ward were transfered, which means I have 3 new people to live with! Guess what else!!!!!! ONE OF THEM'S SISTER DUTRA!!!! Aaaaaah!!!!!! So much happiness. I love my life right now. So much. The other Sister is Sister Nascimento, who was Sister Garner's trainer!! We're all one big happy family :) I'M SO HAPPY!!!! 

So, life is really good. We're teaching a couple of incredible people, and I'm so grateful for every investigator that the Lord has entrusted to us. Roberto is really showing progress, and is slowly but surely becoming converted to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Anyone that looks, will find! He had some doubts about what happens after death, because his church taught that after we die, we won't remember who we are, but will all be brothers just worshiping and singing praises to God 24 hours a day. (His words, not mine!) I'm not really sure why someone would want to believe that...I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, whose plan is perfect! As we prepared to teach him, I found myself focusing more on the beginning of this great plan of happiness--who is God, what is our relationship with him, and where we lived before we were born. As we opened the scriptures to explain this to him, and then to explain our purpose in coming to earth, when we got to the part of what happens after death we didn't barely have to explain anything to him to show why we'll be the same people, and recognize our loved ones. He asked lots of great questions, and we studied together--it really was an experience where both were edified! And then at the end, he had a complete change of heart. I'm so grateful for the scriptures, to explain the gospel so clearly. I'm grateful for the a living prophet, to help us to understand God's will for us, and to help us to understand what we need to do to live with our families forever. If there's anyone that's reading this that hasn't yet had the chance to talk to missionaries like me that live in your city, please do. I know these things are true. I know that they'll change your life forever! (you can visit www.mormon.org to learn more as well) 

We had interviews with President Martins this week, and it was really good. Poor Sister Cristoffersen, she had just talked to him 2 days ago! But I always love talking to President Martins. I'm soooo grateful for him!!! 

Well, I'm just about out of time. Dev, love your so much! Big hug!!! (Wow, how many hours are we going to be apart from one another??)

Sending love and well wishes!!

Sister Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment