Monday, February 24, 2014

Miracles!

Hi!!!!!

Ummmm....so don't be mad. But I have 15 minutes left. And a really, truly, incredible week, so I'm just going to give you some bullet points and then fill it in as I can! 

  • We went to pick up the families we had marked to come to church with us, and they all fell through. A little discouraged, but determined, we decided to say a prayer and ask the Lord for His help. When we got to the church, we had 8 investigators there!!
  • We both felt strongly that we should contact a referral from the Elders in our zone, that was in a new part of the city reeeeeally far away. It wasn't even on the map, so we stopped at a house to ask for directions. We ended up talking to that woman about the gospel as well, and when she saw our name tags she started joyfully laughing. "I can't believe! I just drove past that church 2 days ago, and I had never seen it before. I told my daughter I wanted to find out what hours church was at so we could go there...and now you two are standing at my door!" Definitely a miracle, and such a cool way of seeing how the Lord had led us there!
  • I really needed to go to the bathroom (TMI? Sorry) and decided to take advantage of that...much to the shame of my companion. So this really nice family let us in, we used the bathroom and then to "thank them" for their kindness, we shared the Restoration message with them. The mom wasn't home, and came in when we were singing. She told us she had been feeling so stressed out and abandoned by God, and had prayed for Him to show her in some way if He really loved her. She told us that we were like angels to her, and that our visit was her answer to prayer! 
  • We visited a man who hasn't been to church in years. We really prepared what we'd share with him, and testified of Heavenly Father's love for him....and in that moment we could really feel it! And then...HE CAME TO CHURCH!
  • We received a referral from a man last week that just pulled over and said, "Sisters! I'm from Campinas, but I was working here today. I have a referral for you!" We were so excited to visit this family. We decided that we should fast for them, that they would feel the spirit and act on it. We had a very short visit with them, and just invited them to pray to know if we really were sent from God, and if the message we would share with them was true. (There's another king lamoni´s father moment for ya!) We went back last night, and they were anxiously waiting for us. We went inside, sat down....and first thing. "Last time, you invited us to pray. I did, and God showed me that I should believe in whatever you tell me." He had this dream...that's way cool, but I don't have time to explain. But the whole family really felt the spirit. We taught them the Restoration, and they all accepted to get baptized! By the way, this man is 65 years old. They have a church that they go to. They have a ton of children, and grandchildren....and this family has been prepared for this moment in SO MANY WAYS!
  • We're teaching another family that I LOVE. Juliana and Rodrigo, who have a 2 year old named Mateus. They were another referral. (Are you noticing a trend??) Our ward mission leader had seen them walking up a long hill on a really hot day, and he and his wife offered them a ride. Then they passed their address to us! What's awesome as that they've been to every lesson with us, and now they really are friends! But they came to church and LOVED it. (All on their own!) Everyone was talking to them. I was so happy :) 
  • There were 2 recent converts from a near by city that were visiting their cousin, and they took her to church here! Her name is Rafaela. We taught her after church....SO receptive! She also accepted to get baptized! 
  • We found a woman who ended up being so, so receptive. She came to church and loooooved every second. She was taking notes! She says she's never felt anything like that before, and knows it has to be the true church of Christ. She wants to be baptized as well! 

Aaaaand I'm out of time. But that's actually a pretty good summary. But anyway---I love the Lord, I love the work, and I love you all!!!! I hope you're doing great!!!!


Sister Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment