Monday, December 23, 2013

Feliz Natal!

Family!!!

It's Christmas week!! How are you all doing? How's the SNOW? The sun's just lovely, thanks. :) I showed a picture to my companion from last December, and she freaked out about how much darker my hair was before. hahaha. Much has changed :) 

So this week was transfer week....and I left Cerquilho. :( I had the most wonderful time serving there, and I learned so much! But Sister Garner and I were both pretty sure I'd leave, so I didn't cry or anything. Ok, lies. I cried saying goodbye to people. I think change will always be that way...but my point is, it's a healthy change. So Sister Garner is now training a Brazilian Sister lá em Cerquiho, and I'm serving in the Mont Serrat area! (Pronounced Mon-chee Say-ha) My new companion is Sister Pereira from the Matto Grosso do sul. She just finished training, so I'll be senior companion again. And unfortunately, she doesn't really know our area yet. Or fortunately, because asking for directions is the easiest way for me to do contacts! But she's really super cute and excited to work! It'll be a good transfer. 

The ward is INCREDIBLE here!! The difference is incredible. I went from a branch above a pharmacy with 20 people every week to a huge, beautiful chapel with "only 100 or so, because almost everyone has callings in the Stake and never are here". There's an Elder from the 70 that lives in our ward--we're going to eat lunch with them tomorow. Really, the ward is just the same as the ward I grew up in. We had the Christmas activityFriday night, and they went all out--it was really fun. The Bishop is so good, and our ward mission leader is a rockstar! Last night, I asked him to come with us to visit someone, and he ended up staying with us almost 2 hours visiting people and doing contacts. Really, he  was doing contacts too! So cool. He got back from his mission a little over 3 years ago, and is super excited right now. 

We have one superstar investigator--his girlfriend is a member, and he just showed up at church last week. The Sisters taught him one time before I got here, and he accepted a baptism date for the 28th! He thought it was early, but then a member bore his testimony and Thiago (the investigator) decided that the best way to start the new year would be to make this sacred covenant now. So we're teaching him, and he's so incredible! He participates in Gospel Principles (cause we have a gospel principles class now. Fancy!) and wants to pay tithing already, and invited his whole family to come to the lessons with us. I'm so excited for him to receive all the blessings of the gospel. :) 

And of course, this week is Christmas....já??? It's easy to forget. I don't know how many times I tried to mark visits with people on "wednesday" and they just looked at me like I was crazy. "Oh right, Christmas is on Wednesday! Sorry! How about Thursday?" But I know it's the Christmas season, so no worries! President Martins gave us a special lesson to share with people about the birth/coming/purpose of Christ using the Book of Mormon, and I'm really excited to start using it more this week. I love Christmas :) 

Well, that's all I've got time for right now--until next Monday! (And family, I'm super excited to talk to you on Wednesday!) Love you all!

Sister Fuller





No comments:

Post a Comment