Thursday, October 17, 2013

Baptismo

Minha querida família, 

Bummer. I have a million things to say, and barely 15 minutes to write it all! 

Thank you for all of your emails, it's so good to hear how you're all doing. I love you so much, and am grateful for your examples to me! 

Something I forgot to mention last week is that we gained a recent convert! Haha no, we didn't have a baptism...yet here's Vera. Only miracles here in Cerquilho. :) Vera is a woman who was on vacation visiting her daughter in Southern Brazil. Her daughter is a member of the church, baptized just 5 months ago herself. While Vera was visiting, the Elders there taught her, she went to Churh and loved it, and was baptized. And now she's back in Cerquilho, excited and ready to help! It's such a blessing, she's going to help this branch so much. 

Juliana was baptized this week! Jul is 100% amazing. I just love her. She's 17 years old, and is the perfect example of a "desert rose"--someone pure and spiritual and strong that comes from a home full of all the horrible things the world has to offer. It breaks my heart to leave her when we finish teaching her...I just want to snatch her up and carry her far away. She's already talking about serving a mission when she turns 19, and has gone on visits with us! She's sincere about changing her life to accept the gospel standards, asks deep and meaningful questions, and keeps all of her commitments. 

The day of the interview, we couldn't find the Elders and were out of credit on our phone, so we couldn't call them. We were about to head off in one direction when I stopped and said, "let's say a prayer first!" Afterwards, I had the thought to go to a different area first. There, we found the Elders, sitting on a bench. It was a small, simple thing, but it was an answer to prayers and Juliana was able to experience it with us. She thought it was so neat, and it made me so happy to see her learning that Heavenly Father will always be there for her!

At her baptism, she asked if we could sing "A Child's Prayer"--her favorite song we've taught her. It was really special, because I got to sing the second part and look her straight in the eyes and bear my testimony through song--
"Pray, He is there. Speak, He is listening! You are His child, His love now surrounds you." 

She started crying from the time we sang the first hymn all the way through the rest of the baptismal service. It was really sweet! 

Other thing, Edson and Gean recieved the Priesthood yesterday and I was just filled with the same immense joy...beautiful, beautiful thing. 

Bah, and I have no time to share the rest of the stories. Next week, maybe! 

Love you all!

Sister Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment