Monday, September 16, 2013

And the tan lines begin!!

Yikes Yikes Yikes. No time. 

So, everyone says that summer doesn't start until October. But I'm here to tell you...it's coming. Haha next week I need to send a picture I took of my feet yesterday--hilarious. I have some rocking tan lines :)

My wonderful, wonderful family! You would not believe how much I love this area. Cerquilho is the best area in the mission. If it was up to me, I think I'd stay here for the next year! 

We are seeing MIRACLES here in Cerquilho! We are working so, so hard and we're being immensely blessed for it. We had 16 people we taught this week come to Church! 11 investigators, and 5 less active members. MILAGRES. Before coming to Brazil, I prayed that my companion would be obedient, and confident in what we needed to do. That would be Sister Dutra. :) She is sooo amazing, and I'm learning so much from her. We had Zone Conference this week in Sorocaba, and I basically just heard President say everything that Sister Dutra's been quoting from him the last 4 weeks. So cool! (Side note: Before the second half of the conference, President walked by me and said "Sister Fuller, how about a number?" Which I interpreted as a number that all of us can sing...as in choose the hymn. Nope. It meant, "Sister Fuller, you're going to do a solo. Right now. For all of these missionaries, in Portuguese. Yiiiiiikes.   Hopefully no one will remember the next time they see me!)

One of the things that I've seen this week is that if I exercise the faith to talk to people, the Lord will put people in my path that are prepared to accept the gospel. The most notable example of this is the family of Irmã Mara. 

We talked to Thamires on the street, and she said we could visit her another day. When we returned we were warmly welcomed, and out came Mara..."Sisters! So good to see you!"

It turns out Mara (mother in law to Thamires) is a member, and hasn't had any contact with the church in over 30 years. Her records aren't in Cerquilho or anything, but when Thamires told her about talking to us she recognized that we were from the Church and gathered her three little daughters (8, 12, and 15) and they prayed that we would return. There are 9 people living in the house, all living according to the standards necessary to be prepared for baptism. We've been teaching them, and her husband read the Book of Mormon, and she said, "I think this is it. This is the time for my whole family to come back to the church." Her and the girls came to church yesterday and it was soooo wonderful. She needs this, and so does the branch! They're just a special, special family. Camile, who's eight years old, decided that she likes me yesterday. Haha. She was my little shadow, and kept hugging me! It's kind of adorable. And Mara calls us her angels. :)

Well, I'm out of time. I'll write more later...but I love you all! Stay strong!

Sister Fuller
 

No comments:

Post a Comment