Saturday, July 6, 2013

Transfers


The things I miss when I'm gone! What? Devin has a job? And I guess "sent from my ipad" means that Dad got one...and what's this new legislation about gay marriage? Is it really legal everywhere now?
Dear everyone,
I think my brain exploded this week. So if you ever come to Kansas, look for it on the side of the road, in between all the smushed turtles...its remnants may be somewhere around there.
So the biggest news is that no, my visa's not here, but yes--I am leaving Coffeyville. We got transfer calls on Saturday night. Sister Cook and I really didn't think anything of it ahead of time, because we were certain we'd both be staying! Actually, everyone was. The Elders, our district, our Zone leaders, the ward. No one thought either of us would leave after just getting here 6 weeks ago! We thought there was a possibility we'd get a third member to our companionship, but that was it. But...I am being sent to Ava, Missouri. I will be in a trio with Sister Garner (my MTC companion) and her trainer. Sister Cook is staying here, and will be training a new missionary.
Basically, I cried all night long. I never expected to leave Coffeyville before leaving for Brazil, and definitely not only after my first transfer! I love it here, and it just feels incomplete. When I was reassigned, I didn't struggle because I knew that if the Lord wanted me in Coffeyville, it was for a reason. But now I'm leaving, and I have no idea what that reason was! I don't feel like I've been here long enough to make a difference. But I know the Lord has a plan for me. I have no clue what it is, but I know He hasn't forgotten me. He called me on a mission for a specific purpose, and so I'll continue to serve wherever He wants me to go. Even when I can't understand why things happen the way they do....I just have to hold on to the hope that things will make sense someday, and that the Lord sees the big picture.
I admit, I was upset. I was really upset, actually. I couldn't see the big picture, and it seemed hard to keep going without that vision. I tried to go to sleep for a while, but when that wasn't working I got back on my knees and started praying again, pleading with the Lord to bless me with understanding and peace. Then the words of the second verse to "Come, Come Ye Saints" came to my mind;
"Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to ear a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we'll have this tale to tell--
All is well! All is well!"
I felt such peace, and a little chastised. "Chin up, Sister Fuller! I need you to get to work." Like I said, I still don't see the big picture, but I don't need to. I just need to trust that He is still mindful of me, and serve Him as best as I can, one day at a time. Also, I still hate that I'm leaving Coffeyville. Haha. I'll repent, and try to be better!
I was thinking about that experience the next morning while I was praying, and quietly thought, "Heavenly Father--it doesn't really matter. But could I hear that song today, please? I don't care how. I just want to hear it." Then later that morning, we were talking to someone in the hall in the Church and I heard the ward choir start to sing from inside the chapel. Sure enough, they started singing "Come, Come Ye Saints"! Tears sprang to my eyes. I felt so loved, so looked after. I know the Lord hasn't forgotten me. I know that "our God will never us forsake"! I talked to Catlyn (the choir director's daughter) later that day, and asked if that was the song they were working on for their next program. She said no, but that since nothing was picked out yet, they just decided to sing random songs that they liked. It was really neat to be able to tell her that they were an answer to my prayer, and see the Spirit testify to her that it was true. I hope she always remembers that by listening to the Spirit, she can make a difference!
I don't really know what else to say--this is really all that's on my mind. But we had a great week. Sister Cook is the greatest trainer ever, and I'm really going to miss serving with her. We were getting so in sync! We were doing so great! Bah! Haha once both of us were just getting ready for bed and we started singing the same song at the exact same time. We just looked at each other and busted up laughing. I really counted on having another transfer with her--I'm really sad I'm being replaced!
I'll send pictures too. Today, we went with the Elders to an investigators "house" in Independence because it's basically a Zoo. He has camels and horses and dogs and cows and all sorts of crazy animals! So there's pictures from that. They even got one right after one of the camels licked my face--definitely not an experience I was expecting to have in Kansas! I think there's also one of the Gorley's, and one of me with the Holyoak girls.
Love you all!
Sister Fuller
We took pictures of ourselves. Cause we're silly. :) The first one was just a test...so that's why it's even goofier!



Our district

Sister Cook and I

The Gorly's 
 Me and the Holyoak girls



Selfie with Oscar the camel :)






Painting nails at Windsor place...
The Independence missionaries


No comments:

Post a Comment